If your property is struck by water damage, there are steps you can take to help minimize the total damage and ensure your safety before the professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration Services by Ideal Group arrive.
What To Do
- Turn off your water source if possible.
- Be aware and cautious of any slippery floors or surfaces; limit traffic in those areas.
- Mopping and blotting can help remove some of the water.
- Remove all rugs that aren’t attached to the floor. Do not try to remove or tear up carpets that are attached.
- Wipe down furniture and remove cushions to dry out – then place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move paintings, art and photos to a dry and safe location.
- Pack books tightly and let a professional handle these belongings.
- Open closets, doors, and drawers to assist with drying.
- Water damage and bacteria growth can begin within just hours. Contact ServiceMaster Restoration by Ideal Group right away!
What Not To Do
- Do not walk in any areas with standing water.
- Do not enter a room before ensuring electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular home vacuum or common household appliances to removed and extract the water.
- Do not make any adjustments to your cooling or heating systems.
- Do not remove your installed carpet. Wait for the professionals.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not try to remove visible mold.
We are well-versed in how devastating water damage can be. Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Ideal Group – your water damage restoration professionals in the East Bay area of California. Our experienced crew is ready to help you 24 hours a day, every day of the year!