Water Damage Tips for the East Bay Area, CA
If your property is struck by water damage, there are steps you can take to help minimize the total damage and ensure your safety before the professionals at ServiceMaster Restoration Services by Ideal Group arrive.
What To Do
- Be aware and cautious of any slippery floors or surfaces.
- Water damage and bacteria growth can begin within just hours. Call right away for professional assistance.
- Mopping and blotting can help remove some of the water.
- Remove all rugs that aren’t attached to the floor. Do not try to remove or tear up carpets that are attached.
- Wipe down furniture and remove cushions to dry out. Also, place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Move paintings, art, and photos to a dry and safe location.
- Pack books tightly and let a professional handle these belongings.
- Open closets, doors, and drawers to assist with drying.
What Not To Do
- Do not enter a room before ensuring electricity has been turned off.
- Do not use a regular home vacuum to extract water.
- Do not remove installed carpet. Wait for the professionals.
- Do not use electrical appliances while on wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not try to remove visible mold.