Fire Damage Restoration
A fire can send your life into chaos. Even after the fire has been extinguished, the damage to your property still continues. A quick response is needed to maximize the cleaning and restoration process and minimize your costs. If you have fire damage, call ServiceMaster Restoration by Ideal Group immediately.
If left untreated, items can go from cleanable to unsalvageable in just a few days. Synthetic materials found in flooring and furniture generate chemical reactions even after the fire has been put out. We use proprietary techniques to clean and restore your belongings. Rely on our expertise and experience to restore your property.
We can remove dirt and soot from at risk items such as brass, aluminum, chrome, marble, porcelain, carpets, and upholstery. We use the latest techniques and equipment in our process to ensure your belongings and property are restored.
Call ServiceMaster Restoration by Ideal Group for a seamless fire and smoke damage cleanup in the Bay Area. We will restore your property and your peace of mind. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
To keep the damage to a minimum, follow these steps.
What to do:
- Corrosive byproducts can cause irreversible etching in as few as 72 hours. Call for professional help.
- If the temperature is above 60 degrees, air out the house to reduce smoke odor.
- Clean Formica, chrome, porcelain and aluminum fixtures to prevent permanent tarnishing or etching.
- Change the air filter on your furnace if it uses forced hot air.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over returns and supply registers to capture loose soot in the air.
- Discard any open food packages.
- If the electricity is off, clean out the refrigerator and leave doors propped open.
- Send clothing with heavy smoke damage to a qualified restoration dry cleaner.
What not to do:
- Do not touch anything with your bare hands. Oil from your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage.
- Do not wash walls. Incorrect cleaning could compound the soot residue.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture.
- Do not use electrical appliances until having them checked.
Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.